Gallipoli 2015 youth worker chaperone nominations
17 September 2014
The Ministry of Youth Development has opened nominations for three youth worker chaperones to be selected to travel with the youth ambassadors to Gallipoli, Turkey for the 100 year commemorations of the landing on Gallipoli Peninsula. Nominations close 9am Wednesday, 24 September 2014.
On this page:
Nominations are open to people who meet all of the following criteria:
- New Zealand citizen or resident
- at least 25 years old in September 2014
- hold a current Passport or be able to obtain one by 28 February 2015
- able to travel to Turkey on a New Zealand Passport or required visa if travelling on a different Passport
- able to attend a two day workshop in Wellington during March 2015
- able to travel to Turkey for three weeks in April 2015
- able to self-administer any medication required
- have experience working with young people
- able to walk over rugged terrain for periods of over 90 minutes and fit enough to offer light assistance to others. Please refer to this website for more information: www.gallipoli2015.govt.nz/at-gallipoli
For more information please refer to the FAQs below.
The ideal youth worker chaperone
The ideal youth worker chaperone will:
- have experience in mentoring young people
- be able to empower young people to reach their goals
- have experience in official ceremonies
- be able to work within short timeframes in high pressured environments.
For more information on the youth worker chaperones, please see the FAQs attached below.
What is Gallipoli 2015?
On 25 April 2015, New Zealand will join Australia and Turkey to commemorate the centenary of the ANZAC landings on the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey. What followed in 1915 was a bitter eight-month campaign, with many lives lost.
Who is going to Gallipoli 2015?
Of the 10,500 attendance passes, Australia will receive 8,000, New Zealand 2,000 and the remaining 500 will be reserved for those from Turkey, official representation from other countries involved in the conflict, and a small number of VIPs from Australia and New Zealand.
For more information please go to www.gallipoli2015.govt.nz