Join the Young People's Reference Group
10 August 2012
The Office of the Children’s Commissioner advocates for the interest of young New Zealanders.
Currently, Children’s Commissioner Dr Russell Wills is looking for new members for his young people’s reference group.
What is the Young People’s Reference Group?
The Young People's Reference Group is one way that the Children’s Commissioner hears first hand what it’s like being young in New Zealand. The group provides insight and youth perspectives to issues facing children and young people in Aotearoa. The group also looks at potential solutions to these issues.
Who is the Commissioner looking for?
Young people who are interested in speaking about issues that impact on children and young people. In particular he is looking for:
- Someone who wants to contribute to change
- Someone who is passionate and engaged in their community
- Someone with a willingness to learn
- Someone who has a unique perspective on the world
- A young person who shows leadership potential – but just needs support.
For more information check out the OCC website.